Regular oral hygiene is very important in maintaining long term health of your teeth & gums. Downtown Dental is passionate about preventive oral care. We strive to help all patients attain optimal oral health and advise a regular dental check-up. Great consistent oral hygiene is super important to your general health as it helps you steer clear of health issues such as diabetes, heart problems, and strokes.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Using dental floss and interdental brush such as piksters.
- Using mouthwash.
- Visiting the dentist every 6 months for a routine check-up & professional clean.
Your Preventive Care Booking is an important event in your life to book on a regular basis. We thoroughly cover the following preventive care measures:
- A thorough examination of your teeth, gums, and mouth.
- A careful examination to check if any potentially more severe dental issues can be detected before they become serious.
- A thorough teeth cleaning to remove plaque and other built-up materials that require cleaning and scaling for optimum dental health.
Fissure sealants are polymer coatings that fill the fissure (grooves) to protect teeth from dental plaque and subsequently to stop dental decay.
Treatment is painless and non-invasive with a coat of sealant applied to a cleaned tooth.
Most sealants are applied to molars and premolars. They gradually wear away after several years and can be reapplied if needed.
Teeth Grinding can lead to excessive wear on the teeth and may cause permanent damage to the tooth and the jaw joints.
Many reasons including:
- Physical stress.
- Psychological stress.
- Sleep disorder.
- Abnormal anatomy of the teeth or jaws that can cause an improper occlusion and lead to bruxism behaviour.
Treatment aims to:
- Remove the cause of bruxism
- Change the behaviour that causes bruxism.
- Occlusal splint or nightguard is an option for someone with mild to severe grinding behaviour. It prevents further wear of the tooth surfaces.
- Biofeedback is treatment for people who primarily clench their teeth during the day.
- Repair the damage that bruxism causes.
- Treatment may be necessary to repair damaged teeth such as dental fillings, crowns or inlays. Root Canal Treatment may be required where tooth fractures extend into the pulp.
- Dental bridges or implants, partial dentures can replace missing teeth.
- Orthodontic treatment can realign misplaced and mal-aligned teeth.
Custom made mouthguard from your dentist is designed to fit perfectly in your mouth. Mouthguards are highly recommended to patients who play sports.
- Single layer mouthguards are for low impact sport.
- Double layer mouthguards are mostly for contact sports such as football, ruby, martial arts.
- Triple layer mouthguards are for high impact sports such as hockey, ruby, kick boxing.